Law and the Blockchain
It is becoming increasingly clear that blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies will change the way we live our lives and do business. Unfortunately, the regulatory and legal framework surrounding this rapidly developing area is in its infancy, making it difficult (if not impossible) for individuals and business to comply with the law. At Taylor-Copeland Law we strive to provide clarity to individuals and businesses operating in this space. Whether you are an investor or trader that has been harmed by unscrupulous practices or a business seeking to comply with the complex patchwork of regulations, Taylor-Copeland Law can provide the guidance you need. Taylor-Copeland Law also maintains a blog detailing the latest developments in blockchain and cryptocurrency law.
Taylor-Copeland Law has experience providing guidance regarding:
- Cryptocurrency traders that have been harmed by exchange failures, including "flash crashes", exchange unavailability during critical times, and exchanges' failure to honor orders
- Initial Coin Offering ("ICO") investors that have been harmed by misrepresentations made before, and at the time of, the ICO
- Corporations hoping to raise funds through an ICO, including the legality of certain ICO structures and best practices for ICO agreements
Cryptocurrency investing and trading is often described as the "wild west." But if you are a trader that has been harmed by an exchange's fraud or negligence, or an investor that has been harmed by misrepresentations about a particular cryptocurrency you have rights. As an experienced cryptocurrency trader, Mr. Taylor-Copeland understands both the cryptocurrency markets and the legal remedies available to victims of fraud or negligence in this space. If you believe that you have been harmed by misconduct by an exchange or ICO contact Taylor-Copeland law for a free initial consultation.
Navigating the patchwork of regulations governing cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies can be a daunting task for a start up. Let Taylor-Copeland Law help guide you. We can provide cost-effective guidance in the following areas:
- Initial Coin Offerings and compliance with S.E.C. and C.F.T.C rules and regulations
- Compliance with U.S. Treasury Department money services business and anti-money laundering regulations
- Responding to customer complaints and actual or threatened litigation
- Responding to government investigations and subpoenas